We will just go ahead and say it: big data recruiters cost money. And any time you spend money, you will likely face questions from your higher-ups about the value of that spend. So how do you justify the cost of a big data recruiter?
A great recruiter brings a great deal of value to the table, saving the company both money and man hours across the entire recruiting process. If you find yourself having to defend your decision to hire a strategic big data recruiting firm, or if you’re considering working with a recruiter but aren’t sure you can justify the expense, here is a list of some of the ways that the benefits of a recruiter outweigh the costs:
- Open Positions Are Costly. The longer a big data job goes unfilled, the more expensive it becomes. An efficient recruiter will reduce the amount of time it takes you to fill open positions, especially highly skilled big data positions.
- Open Positions Breed Turnover. Unfilled big data jobs are still being done – by other members of your team. Stretching your employees thin leads to low morale and burnout, which both lead to turnover. One unfilled position will almost always lead to more open positions.
- Recruiters Keep the Process Streamlined. They maintain a high level of communication with both the employer and their candidates. They keep everyone on the same page, ensure everyone meets their obligations and that critical deadlines are met.
- Passive Candidates are Hard to Find. The best candidates are employed, which means they aren’t out in the job market and they aren’t reading job boards for openings. Locating and wooing passive candidates takes a considerable amount of time and money that most internal teams simply cannot invest. Recruiters have the time and resources to build relationships with passive candidates who would be willing to make a change for the right opportunity.
- Niche Recruiters Know the “Other Side.” You know your business. Niche big data recruiters know your business. But they also know what’s going on with job seekers. They know what types of salaries candidates are commanding, what perks they are looking for, and what types of company culture they are drawn to.
- They Do the “Boring Stuff.” Internal hiring teams can be tempted to cut corners when it comes to screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, and managing drug screenings and reference checks. Recruiters, on the other hand, must engage in these critical steps in order to keep their end of the bargain with their client.
- They Reduce Bad Hires and Improve Retention. Recruiters won’t be tempted to pick up a “warm body” just to get a position filled. They will work with you to locate a candidate who is not only a good skills match, but also a good cultural match, and therefore will be more likely to stay with the company for the long term.
Working with a specialized recruiter means that you are partnering with an expert in your field who will be able to provide you with a pipeline of strong candidates while providing real business value. OnBoard Recruitment Advisers has built an extensive network of big data and analytics professionals, and our recruiters know the industry inside and out. We can help you streamline your processes, fill your open positions, and prevent recruiting from becoming a black hole in your budget. If you are looking for a partner with a proven track record of success, contact us today.